The Ministry of Justice is conducting a review of the employment tribunal fee scheme currently in place.
The document is proposing:-
- The respondent to pay a response fee and a hearing fee;
- Possible reduced fees for hearings on paper;
- Proposals for the fees when the employer is insolvent, or a claim is rejected at the vetting stage;
- Possible additional fees for certain case management or preliminary hearings; and
- Recommendation that there should be three, not two, tiers of cases.
Cinch Legal will keep all clients updated on any changes.